Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ice Cream Heat Wave




Yesterday I toured the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory. I know, random right? It was pretty interesting...did you know Blue Bell makes over 40 different flavors of ice cream year round, and 20 more seasonally? They claim to be the best in the country, and I must admit the free scoop of Cotton Candy I got was pretty good...but anyone who fingers Blue Bell for the best has obviously never tasted Ben and Jerry's. Have you ever had their Brownie Batter flavor? Talk about 7 minutes of heaven...(that's about as long as it takes me to inhale a pint). I've only been able to find it in California...but I scan the ice cream aisle hopefully every time I walk down it. Running a close second would be the Pooh Bear flavor, available (as far as I know) only from Maude's in Northern Ireland. This stuff has actual honey comb whipped into the vanilla ice cream...I've never had anything like it. My current (available) favorite flavor is Breyer's Light Double Churned Carmel Tracks. I got my whole family hooked on it. Trust me, it's even better than most "full bodied" ice cream, with (a little) less guilt.

I'm sure the reason for my current ice cream obsession is the insane weather. Seems like we've been over 100 for a month! I know, I know, good practice for Bolivia right? Hmm...that dampens my enthusiasm a bit (no pun intended).

Random poll...all time best ice cream ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home