Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Fancification

So, the thing about living in Bolivia is that you feel hot/sweaty/dirty/messy most of the time. So when the opportunity presents itself to get all dressed up and "fancified" you jump at the chance. That opportunity came Saturday night - Junior/Senior banquet. I won't go into a detailed description of what happened, because you've all been there - the video, the slideshows, awards, speeches, songs, etc. I'll just give you what you really want...pictures!
Here we are...in the DRESSES! Sorry mine is kind of hard to see...but Dovanna's makes up for it! Yes, it is gold with glitter...but doesn't she look classy in it? And yes, mine is (gasp) strapless!

We teachers clean up nice...if I do say so myself! From left to right: Dovanna, Emily J., me, Emily B., Katie, Molly, and another girl (not a teacher) whose name I don't recall.

Lidia's girls: Me, Laura, Dovanna

Here's Hans with his two ladies...since I didn't have a date he generously offered to take me too...sweet of him huh? I'm pretty sure he was the envy of every other freshman guy.

One last shot...gotta show off my sexy shoes. They were the highest heel I've ever worn...I'm pretty sure I was at least six feet in them. But you've gotta admit they look good!

So ends the banquet...all that prep, and it's over! Oh well, getting ready for it was half the fun I think. But now I definitely need another occasion to wear the dress (and shoes)!

Of course the real story is the adventure I had getting back from San Javier to make it in time for the banquet...scroll down for the scoop!

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy. Pretty dress and shoes!! Glad it was fun and you got back in time for all the activity.
Also glad you made it across the bridge. I knew my prayers were being heard!!
Love and blessings, Mom

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there some rule about missionaries NOT wearing strapless dresses? *wink*

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Joy said...

You look awesome. Every girl needs a Little Black Dress and some cute shoes...

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw u look like a princess!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home