Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Change

Well, I did it. I can't believe I actually did it. It all started when I noticed that my roots were growing out. Again. I've been highlighting my hair for about six years, and I enjoy being a blonde, but I realize that it's time to be practical. So, I resolved to sacrifice my vanity and return to plain dirt brown, the color (I'm sad to say) that comes naturally to me. I was going to make an appointment with a hair stylist, but Dad suggested that I save my money, buy a box of hair color, and have Mom do it in the kitchen sink. So I let her. The first try came out a little streaky, but the second covered all the blonde. I am now officially a brunette once again. I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not, but I've uploaded the following pics for you to evaluate.


Before....






After!

Well, what do you think? Pretty dramatic, huh? I still think I like being a blonde better, but I figure I'm going to stand out enough as a gringa without the yellow hair. It turned out a little darker than my natural color, so I'm hoping it won't be too noticable as it grows out (since the whole point was to eliminate the need to recolor).

Other than the hair drama I had a pretty quiet weekend...spent lots of quality time with my old cat, Cinders, and finished a few books. Tomorrow the whirlwind begins! I'm heading down to Oklahoma City to get an apostille for my birth certificate, one of the many hoops I must jump through in order to earn my visa (I'm beginning to feel like a trained poodle). Then I'll go by the Bolivian consulate and turn in my paperwork and passport. Hopefully I'll get it back with my 30 day visa before I leave on the 13th (I guess if I don't get it by then I won't be leaving anyway...hmm). So please pray that all the paperwork goes through in a timely manner.

I'm working on my packing list and trying to whittle down my wardrobe...I didn't realize how many clothes I actually owned until I started trying to fit them all into two suitcases! Not to mention the shoes...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers...now I know that people actually do check my blog!





3 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger janetfaith said...

i love the brown. i think it looks great!!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Joy and Mark said...

I LOVE IT! I really do. WOW...in all these years, I don't think I've seen you with hair that dark. But I really like it. It makes your face light up so much more.
Keep it!
Joy

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger The Aesthetic Elevator said...

Why is it you dyed your hair?

Just to reiterate, you look fabulous! All of a sudden I have this old song in my head:

"I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt oooh baby yeah! . . . "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home