Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Overwhelmed

The past few days have been an absolute whirlwind, which you know if you read my last email. Everyone here has been so wonderful, but they wore me out! It's kind of nice to be at school, and getting into a regular schedule. I'm amazed though how a half day of kinder feels like a full day of 4th! We were getting the kids lined up to leave and I was wondering why I was so hungry, then I realized that it was just lunchtime and I hadn't eaten! Weird...

Today I went to a luncheon with a bunch of the missionary ladies, and it was nice to hear all their stories and experiences. Mary Lea and Ron Free, who were here during my first trip last year are back to pack up their stuff and sell a lot of it. Ron, who was a SAM Air pilot, was in a terrible accident and is facing a long recovery road ahead of him, so they are moving back to the States indefinitely. You can pray for them...it's been a very difficult past few months, with no end in sight.

Okay, here are some of the pictures I've taken so far. I've tried to post them several times but the internet keeps crashing. Hopefully this time it will work.

The windblown trees near the airport
The courtyard of my house


1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger rwbvagabond said...

what an adventure! Yes, the first few days keep your head spinning, but you'll settle into a routine soon enough and it will be easier- trust me! I am jealous- it looks like someplace I'd like to go wandering about in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home