Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Road Goes Ever On and On...


The bags are packed, the shoes stuffed, the duffle zipped (barely). With visa in hand, I feel almost ready to go! It's been such a long road to get to this point, full of unexpected twists and turns, but I know that God has been leading me all the way. I know it's corny, but I keep thinking about Tolkin's words:

It's a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.

I feel like I stepped onto the road two years ago, when I sat down in a pew to wait for a meeting to end, and was unwillingly compelled to join the trip to Bolivia. Brian was my Gandalf, who "gave me a little push out the door," and you are all my Sam, going with me to support and encourage when I can't take another step. I know there will be days when I will have wished I'd never left my cozy little life, but I believe that God led me away from it, and I trust Him enough to believe that He has a reason and a plan.

I'm thrilled, terrified, nervous, excited, and overwhelmed. Am I ready? It doesn't matter. I'm going!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home