Dana in Bolivia

My journal about my mission to Bolivia, teaching at a Christian school in Santa Cruz.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Retreat

I'm a little nervous about writing about this past weekend's retreat, because I'm afraid it will sound more like I'm on vacation than living in a 3rd world country! But, in the interest if honesty...

SCCLC had their yearly retreat at the Buganvilla Resort here in Santa Cruz. The location was beautiful, very lush and exotic. We spent most of the time just relaxing and talking, with a few crazy games thrown in, and worship together on Sunday morning. Unfortunately the weather wasn't very good, so we couldn't really enjoy the pools, but I did get a manicure at the salon! =)

The food was amazing...delicious and so rich. Unfortunately I forgot that my system is still adjusting to Bolivian cuisine, and had to leave the Saturday night games early due to an overabundance of "the blessing." I spent the evening watching Twister on TV, in English!! (All the English programs that we get at the house have been dubbed in Spanish).

We had a very nice time...it was fun to spend time with the staff outside of school. I highly recommend it for every faculty! =)



The beautiful pool...unfortunately too cold to swim in.

You'd never imagine that such a calm group could turn into such competitors...but our game of "Fruitbasket Upset" got vicious!

Here I am posing by the Buganvillas with Laura and Virginia - we decided we wanted to come back when the weather is warmer...maybe for Thanksgiving Break in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home